You'll be welcome...
Newcomers… who want to drive
- Come and watch a local event; meet the organiser; ask lots of questions.
- Ask about local trainers or training sessions if you're unsure whether you're ready.
- Check that your carriage has a track width no less than 125cms (on the rear wheels, if you have a four-wheeler). If it’s less or much more, contact the organiser: you may be allowed to enter either in club class, if there is one, or hors concours – not being placed in the competition but still taking part.
- Practise the Precision and Paces test.
- Organise a groom – someone able-bodied who is capable of helping you, sitting beside or behind you on the carriage or standing on the backstep in the competition.
- Enter the event well before the closing date - you can join IHDT at the same time.