RulesWe have rules to help ensure a fair, safe, enjoyable competition for everyone.
The ICD indoor rules are based on FEI outdoor horse driving trials rules, adapted for a one day indoor competition and are available free of charge here.
Get the rulebookRulebook reissued for 2017-18 - please read!
Please click here to download the latest rule book (2017 on).
Main Changes for 2017 onwards
- Junior classes are Novice Junior only and remain up to age 18.
- Other juniors run in same classes as adults.
- 2.4.5 Clarification that Junior Drivers must always have a competent adult groom on the vehicles, except for small pony the groom can be nearby for drivers 13 years old and above.
- 2.4.7 To be promoted from Novice Junior to Intermediate, Novice Junior drivers at Keysoe must finish in the top 50% of Novice Junior and with a score in the top 50% of Novice.
- 6.3 Breeching is required for all vehicles.
- 8.10 Driving any cone out of order results in elimination, including driving cones already driven. I.e. this reverts to pre 2015 ICD rules and is the same as FEI and BC rules.
See also...here for paces and precision tests.
ICD ConstitutionClick here for the constitution.
This was discussed at Keysoe 2104.